Rising Early

One of the old cliche's overused by the elders is "The early bird catches the worm".

I have recently come to terms with what REALLY means.  I am a mother of a 12 year old son, who holds a full time occupation, attempts to hold a workout schedule, and manage my own aspirations, not mention have somewhat of social calendar.

I think we can all say we get up early because we have to drop our children off to school and get to our workplace in a timely manner.  But to really rise early means to have that extra time in the morning to meditate, write, pray, spend time working towards out goals, read, eat a good breakfast, exercise, and just accomplish that much more that what the regular day will allow.

There is no other peaceful time than that time that the early morning gives.  Now let's keep it real, I'm not saying that I wake up at 4:30 every morning, although I have close people in my life who are able to do that and I admire them for doing so.  For they are the examples that I attempt to follow. I am still a work in progress.  However, I am noticing that God is gently nudging me to arise earlier, and I when I do, I have that much more time to thank him for doing so.

Another benefit to waking up early is that if you live in Lost Angel Us like I do, You need all the extra time you can to fight the never ending, unpredictable, traffic that our city is known for.

So if you can, try and rise just one hour earlier, if not every day, just a few days a week. You'll see what a huge difference it makes in your day.

Take it from from someone who is known for making love to her sleep, is always rushing, and is always 7 minutes late.

Thanks for Reading.

Many Blessings,

Angel-ahhh

One key to success is to have lunch by the time of day most people have breakfast.
-Robert Brault

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Mother of a Young Black Son

Are You Going to Quit Smoking for 2012?

What's in 2014?