What's in 2014?

New Years Day has passed and we are 4 days into 2014. I couldn't allow an entire week of the new year to slip away without at least posting my thoughts about the year we have left behind and the year we have just entered into.

As I sit here trying to recover from a mild strain of the stomach flu, I am doing some reflecting. I can testify that for me 2013 was the most amazing year.  God showed up in ways that I could never even imagined and I felt his presence throughout my 365 day journey.

It started with the passing of my father, whom I later discovered had suffered from numerous strokes and Alzheimer's disease, to meeting my 8 siblings of whom I am the eldest, as well as my father's entire side of the family, for the very first time after 43 years. Talk about being overwhelmed! It was a bittersweet occasion, one in which I feared that I would be rejected. Instead, they all welcomed me with open arms while taking snapshots and shedding tears of course.

A month later, I was on a 21 hour flight to Kenya on a health care mission, in which I was to give a presentation to the Kenyatta National Hospital administrative staff about helping them to bridge their gaps in their health care system, by implementing an improved EMR (electronic medical record). The trip included a tour of Nairobi, and an incredible safari, where I saw an abundance of wildlife that you would think never existed. Most importantly I made international contacts and friends for a lifetime!

When I returned I suddenly had the courage and confidence to completely transition to an all natural hairstyle. Good-Bye chemicals! I've embraced my true self.

"JAH Light Communications", our baby, became a real entity, and it is the publishing company that will soon publish two upcoming books in 2014.  My real baby, who is actually 14 years old now, began and finished his first semester of high school and my beautiful mother turned 65! I thank God every day for her continued presence and guidance in my life.

Throughout the year we were visited by aunties, cousins, my sister in law, and we travelled to visit family as well. We even attended a family reunion in a city called Clayton, which happens to be my family name. Coincidence? I think not.

The year ended with more unexpected surprises, including a new home, a mini vacation, a new car, and a Blessed Christmas which I was able to host comfortably for my entire family!  2013 at times had me asking what I had done to deserve it all!

Don't get me wrong, 2013 had its challenges just like every year. However, my mission is to always look towards the positives and give thanks for the Blessings in it all!

The truth is, the universe (now called the mulitverse) is full and abundant. We create our own realities, with positive thoughts, good deeds and by constantly giving, especially giving Love... The energy we put out, surely comes back!

What's in 2014? Well, I'm not exactly sure. In 2012, had you asked me what's in 2013, I would have attempted to tell you what my version of 2013 would be like, but sometimes when we say what our plans are, it makes God laugh, because he has something totally different in mind.

Thanks for reading,
God Bless, and Happy 2014!

"I like stepping into the future. Therefore, I look for doorknobs."
~Mark Rosen



Comments

  1. A wonderful testimony to the glory God has in store for us if we open our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From the Mother of a Young Black Son

Are You Going to Quit Smoking for 2012?